Join the Hui ‘ohana for Family Day 2018 on Saturday, June 30th from 10am – 2pm! This family friendly event at Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center is open to the public with free admission.
The Hui welcomes you to enjoy art, music, food, and fun, including:
- art projects for all ages (for a small fee)
- live artist demonstrations in glassblowing, printmaking, ceramics, jewelry, and more!
- An arts-based scavenger hunt FREE for the first 100 keiki
- Hui No‘eau’s Art Market: Crafts and Drafts (root beer, that is!) featuring Made on Maui product vendors and root beer generously donated by the Maui Brewing Co. Shop, sip and support local artists!
- Live entertainment by Halau Wehi Wehi O Leilehua, Wes Furomoto AND PAULA FUGA!
- Picnic on the lawn with food from Three’s Bar & Grill Food Truck and Maui Empanadas, Pono Pies, Ono Pono Acai, and drinks from VitaliTea Kombucha.
This year's Family Day also marks the opening of the Hui’s upcoming Wahi Pana Auwahi Exhibition in collaboration with Auwahi Forest Restoration Project and Hui No'eau's 2018 Artist in Residence, Mazatl. Throughout his 6-week residency at Hui No’eau, Mazatl is transforming the Hui’s History Room (located within the walls of the 100 year old historic Kaluanui home) by creating a large-scale mural inspired by his experience on Maui, and specifically his experiences at Auwahi Forest Restoration Project in Ulupalakua. The mural will be opening on Family Day, June 30th and will remain in the Hui’s History Room for visitors to enjoy daily from 9am – 4pm with free admission.